#901 Google Earth On-demand Webinar - SEO
During this 1.5 hour webinar, attendees will be introduced to Google Earth, a solid source for regional and worldwide maps and satellite images. These affordable services can be powerful communication tools for township supervisors, staff (sewage enforcement officers), and planning commissions. The instructor will demonstrate how to use Google Earth to assist with mapping.
By attending the webinar, you will be able to:
• State when Google Earth came into public use.
• List what is needed to use Google Earth.
• Describe the difference between the free and pro version.
• Explain how Google Earth works with existing GIS programs.
• Explain the different file organizations (my places vs. temp places).
• Use Google Earth to find the specific lat/long of home plate at Citizens Bank Park and describe what is at Lat: 38°37'28.82"N Long: 90°11'4.75"W
• Describe the difference between a KML and KMZ file type.
• State approximately how far back the historical imagery feature in Google Earth for Eastern PA goes.
• Name two standard layers that are in found in Google Earth.
• Name the code you can copy and paste into the properties dialog box to make a pop-up box that contains a photo?
• Briefly describe how to add an existing map as an image overlay.
• Describe how you might use Street View and what would you look for.
2 DEP Approved Credits
Member* - $50.00
Non-Member – $60.00
*PSATS Member (registrant has paid current annual membership dues to PSATS or its affiliates (solicitors, engineers, planners and emergency management association.)
You must log in to register
- Non-member - $60
- Member - $50