In the Line of Fire: Best Practices in Police Department Management - 11/2/23 - Cumberland County
Includes a Live In-Person Event on 11/02/2023 at 9:30 AM (EDT)
This intensive three-hour course is designed to provide municipal police officials with practical knowledge and sample policies that are necessary to operate a lawful and efficient police department. The presenter is an attorney with decades of experience in representing police officials in connection with civil rights lawsuits, labor & employment disputes, policy drafting & training.
A primary goal of the training is to arm the attendees with practical guidance on how to conduct a meaningful assessment of their departments to ensure compliance with federal and state law.
The course includes the following topics:
· The roles of local elected officials, managers, and chiefs of police in police department administration and oversight
· Internal Affairs: How to investigate & document claims of police misconduct and neglect
· Civil rights liability and how to reduce the risk of costly & disruptive litigation
· Here Come the Feds! Federal jurisdiction over municipal police department under the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act
· Police Officers’ Rights Under Weingarten, Loudermill, and Garrity
· Police Personnel File Management
· Development of a Strategic Internal Assessment of Department Management
Qualifies for 3 PMGA Public Safety Points
November 2, 2023
9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
PSATS Education Center
4855 Woodland Drive
Enola, PA 17025
Member* - $ 55.00
Non-Member – $ 75.00
*PSATS Member = Registrant has paid current annual membership dues to PSATS or one of its professional associations (e.g., Township Emergency Management Association, Township Engineers Association, Township Planners Association, Township Solicitors Association, or the Pa. Assoc. of Zoning Officials).
CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS / NO SHOW POLICY:
Cancellations must be in writing, and can be sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax to (717) 763-9732; or by mail to PSATS Education Program, 4855 Woodland Drive, Enola, PA, 17025. Refunds will be determined by the sent date of the notice.
Refunds for cancelling a webinar at any time will be subject to a $10 processing fee.
For classes, (in-person and virtual), refunds for a cancellation sent to us between 10 and 2 business days before the class you are registered for will be subject to a $20 processing fee. Those who cancel within two business days of the class you are registered for, or do not attend, forfeit the full registration fee which, if unpaid, will be invoiced.
ACCESSIBILITY & OTHER NEEDS:
If you require alternate format, sign language, or have other needs, please contact PSATS directly (717) 763-0930, x-159.