Strategic Planning for Fire Service Operations in Townships - 8/5/19 - Cumberland County
This course will provide necessary information for effective decision making at the local level. Townships and fire service organizations serve diverse communities across Pennsylvania and have struggled with decreasing volunteers and increased costs. This training seminar will use lecture, small group discussions and facilitated brainstorming to identify solutions to sustain or improve fire service in your community.
The student will be able to:
· List the 10 challenges facing volunteer fire departments in Pennsylvania
· Identify the responsibilities of Township Supervisors in regard to volunteer fire companies
· Identify methods to assess community expectations
· Apply methods to conduct a SWOT analysis of current fire service operations
· Recognize the need to develop a Standard of Response based on public expectations
· Summarizes the steps necessary in a Strategic Planning Process for volunteer fire companies
· Discuss methods to improve and maintain communication with volunteer fire companies
· Identify the relevant legal aspects
· Summarize current best practices for administrative and financial operations
Qualifies for 4 PMGA Administration or 4 PMGA Public Safety points
DATE: August 5, 2019
PSATS Training Center
4855 Woodland Drive
Enola, PA 17025
Class: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Member*: $ 69.00
- Non-Member $ 89.00
*PSATS Member = Registrant has paid current annual membership dues to PSATS or one of its professional associations (e.g., Township Emergency Management Association, Township Engineers Association, Township Planners Association, Township Solicitors Association, or the Pa. Assoc. of Zoning Officials).
CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS / NO SHOW POLICY:
Cancellations must be in writing, and can be sent to us by email to email@example.com; by fax to (717) 763-9732; or by mail to PSATS Education Program, 4855 Woodland Drive, Enola, PA, 17025. Refunds will be determined by the sent date of the notice.Refunds for cancelling a webinar at any time will be subject to a $10 processing fee.
For classes, refunds for a cancellation sent to us between 10 and 2 business days before the class you are registered for will be subject to a $20 processing fee. Those who cancel within two business days of the class you are registered for, or do not attend, forfeit the full registration fee which, if unpaid, will be invoiced.
ACCESSIBILITY & OTHER NEEDS:
All sessions will be held at ADA-accessible locations. If you require alternate format, sign language, or have other needs, please contact PSATS directly.