Virtual Class - On-Demand - QuickBooks Tips and Tricks
Join PSATS and your colleagues from around the state for this two-session, newly REVISED virtual class where Diana Patton, who has spent 30 years as a township secretary/treasurer and the last 19 years as a Certified QuickBooks Instructor and Trainer, will show you all the ways you can use QuickBooks to better serve the financial needs of your municipality.
· Chart of Accounts – Diana will discuss how to properly set up your Chart of Accounts for auditing and take a deep dive into various reports that will help you with monthly meetings, budgets, payroll reports, and year-end reporting.
· Accounts Payable – Do you enter bills or simply write checks? Diana will review the benefits of Accounts Payable, the history behind entering bills, and how to properly apply credits.
· Invoicing - Why would my Township invoice ?
· Deposits – Learn the difference between entering deposits and using “Sales Receipts” to get revenue history and how to create an item list to get you started.
· Custom Liability v. Scheduled Liability Payments – Learn why it is sometimes necessary to use the custom page and how to do it.
· Miscellaneous – Diana will also explain how to clean up your QuickBooks and will cover other names, merging names and unreconciled checks.
Diana Patton, who has over 30 years of experience as a township secretary/treasurer, started using QuickBooks in 1992 to manage her township’s financial records. In 2000, she left her full-time job working for a school district and ventured out to pursue a career as a QuickBooks Instructor and Trainer. She has spent the last 19 years getting certified in QuickBooks Desktop and Online and is an Intuit Recognized Solution Provider and Preferred Reseller of all Intuit products.
Eligible for 6 PMGA Administration Points
$ 135.00* - Member
$ 185.00 - Non-member
*PSATS Member = Registrant has paid current annual membership dues to PSATS or one of its professional associations (e.g., Township Emergency Management Association, Township Engineers Association, Township Planners Association, Township Solicitors Association, or the Pa. Assoc. of Zoning Officials).
CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS / NO SHOW POLICY:
Cancellations must be in writing, and can be sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax to (717) 763-9732; or by mail to PSATS Education Program, 4855 Woodland Drive, Enola, PA, 17025. Refunds will be determined by the sent date of the notice.
Refunds for cancelling a webinar at any time will be subject to a $10 processing fee.
For classes, (in-person and virtual), refunds for a cancellation sent to us between 10 and 2 business days before the class you are registered for will be subject to a $20 processing fee. Those who cancel within two business days of the class you are registered for, or do not attend, forfeit the full registration fee which, if unpaid, will be invoiced.
ACCESSIBILITY & OTHER NEEDS:
If you require alternate format, sign language, or have other needs, please contact PSATS directly (717) 763-0930, x-159.